you have any railroad memorabilia, please consider a
donation to the Saints' Roost Museum's transportation
All donations are
tax deductible and will be greatly appreciated.
the help of the State of Texas and generous donations from our
members, the old Ft. Worth &
Denver Railroad Depot has been restored.
depot, which was moved from Kearney Street to the museum grounds in
1996, has undergone a total restoration inside and out. The building
has been re-wired and re-plumbed to meet modern needs and codes. The
baggage and ticket areas have been restored, and a kitchen area was put in behind the ticket office.
hardwood floors were repaired and sealed but not refinished, and
the ceilings and walls have been scraped, sanded, and repainted.
Exterior walls were filled with blow-in insulation, and a plastic
vapor barrier was installed above the tongue and grove
bead-boards on the ceiling.
exterior of the building was also scrapped, sanded, and painted;
and new trim was added around the top. A reproduction of the
“Clarendon” sign was also affixed to the end of the
2006, a grant from the Amarillo Area Foundation finished the project
with the addition of a new heating and cooling system to help
conserve artifacts and allow comfortable use of the building all
depot was originally constructed in late 1887, and this is believed
to be at least partially the same building, although it was
substantially remodeled more than once, specifically in 1915 and